Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Snapshot of me by Emily McBride

My picture was taken on a warm, sunny February day on Oahu, Hawaii. The water was clear blue that day, and the crisp white waves contuniously smashed agianst the sand, stealing small grains of sand as the waves retracted back into the sea. As I jumped or attempted to jump over the waves hand in hand with my sister, I could feel the sand press between my toes and flip back and hit my calves and thighs.

We were in Hawaii on our anual week-long vacation. We went to this particular beach because it was supposedly warmer because of the electricity plant across the thin, old two lane road. By the way the water wasn't any warmer! My mom took the photo, she was trying to capture out adventure and curiosity. She also took pictures of my other sister and my brother exploring the beach.

Right before the picture was taken my sister Adrianne called me, "come here Em, grab my hand!" she said, I rushed over and did so. "What are we doing?" I said, "jumping over the waves!" she exclaimed. "Okay!" i said in an excited! Then SNAP! The photo was taken, we didn't even know it was being taken! Our bangs were in our faces, our slouching ponytails whipping our backs as we jumped!

I love this picture because my sister passed away a month ago, I am so glad that I have this picture to look back upon and remember all of our good memories we have. I also love how we are holding hands, fearless, adventurous and having a great time together! Having this picture reminds me that even though she isn't here, she will always be by my side watching over me, my gaurdian angel. I am also glad to have this picture to remind me how close we got in the past year before she was killed.

2 comments:

Writer said...

I can really picture what your photo looks like. Your first paragraph was very descriptive. I like how your weren't posing for the picture and I can tell that you were having fun when it was taken. Good job!

-Alex Buchanan

Writer said...

I love it, its amazing, just of what you said in it, I could picture you and your sister holding hands having the best time together, and its nice that you have all those memories. I think you did really good on this, nice jod!!
--Kaitlyn Byars